The posts below are the result of a wee experiment with my students in 1F. Instead of using the usual direct teaching methods to cover the topic of school I asked the students to work in groups to produce either a film or a radio show.
The aim of the production was to introduce German-speaking visitors to The Gordon Schools; to give an idea about its history, the subjects studied, give some opinions, some interviews etc. The only real guideline I gave them was to use the vocabulary from their vocab guides to ensure reasonable quality German. You can see/hear the results for yourselves but here is my own analysis of how the experiment went.
- I allowed it to go on for too long, although much of the time was down to various disruptions
- some level of direct teaching is involved beforehand to ensure some familiarity with the labguage to be used
- I'm not sure how much of the language they have learned
- there are some fantastic ideas in there which with a little tweaking could produce really high quality work, both language-wise and creatively
- once again just when you are getting brassed off and you think they are taking the mick the students come up with the goods...in general.
- the script is king, queen, emperor and general dictator all rolled into one
- on the whole THEY HAD A BALL..look at the bloopers at the end of the films
Will I do it again? YES, but with the above in mind.
Please leave 2 stars and a wish-type comments on their work!!!